Monday, April 25, 2011

Visitng D.C. 2011

My grandparents lived in D.C. for about 6 years while I was a kid. I remember vauge details from our field trips around D.C., but at the time I didn't know the history behind everything. This past spring break, I took a trip up to D.C. with a few girlfriends to escape my life for a few days. We just so happen to be visiting on St. Patties so there were some really cool events going on. Our first stop was Georgetown Cupcakes, OF COURSE! What better way to put a smile on my face than cupcakes.
The line was insane!! It wrapped around the corner.

...but well worth the wait! :)
Next, it was time to walk off cupcakes and do a little sight seeing.
Our first stop was the Washington Monument. It was soo cool in person. It's hard to believe how many historical events have taken place close to the monument.

Next stop was the Korean War Memorial.

The Vietnam Memorial was absolutely incredible!

So many school field trips were hogging up the Lincoln Memorial, but we finally got in for a closer look.

Honest Abe!

And last but certainly not least, The White House complete with a green fountain for St. Pattys! I remember going on the Christmas tour inside TWH when I was a kid and loving the Christmas trees and one of the rooms, I think it was the red room or something like that.
After we toured D.C. I ended up spraining my ankle at the National Aquarium. At least it happened after we went sight seeing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment