Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cemetery

I have lost a significant amount of friends and acquaintances since my freshman year in high school in 2004. Many of them were part of the huge group of kids I hung out with. The most traumatizing losses were Christian Skains, David Ritcheson, Jeremy Horn, and Matt Masden. Jeremy and Matt both died in motorcycle accidents not even a mile apart from each other. Christian and David both tragically committed suicide. I took the time to visit Jeremy at the cemetery off of 2920.
This cemetery doesn't seem to be too old, but it has a special meaning to me because three of my friends are burried there. As I walked around, I noticed different "gardens". Each garden had different themes, if you will. There was a garden for couples burried together and a garden for children. I'm not gonna lie, the "garden of innocence" kind of freaked me out. I kept getting goosebumps while we walked through it.


I also noticed a lot of families and couples were burried together. There were a lot of cool headstones. Some had to have costed a fortune!
I thought this was a cool headstone.

Crazy how close together they died, reminds me of the notebook.
I also took the time to visit Matt's cross. He died after slamming his motorcycle into an 18-wheeler on Holzworth. Luckily, he has children to live out his legacy.





No comments:

Post a Comment