Sunday, April 24, 2011

Groovy Baby

Upon browsing through my mom's old dresses, I came across this gem from the 70's! (As you can see I went a little crazy trying on a bunch of her outfits.) I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to restore an old item. I had to take a picture in a mirror, but the bottoms of the pants are flared and they are super high waisted. She said she wore this outfit on her 18th birthday! What a fox ;) haha. I definitely didn't wear anything close to this for my 18th. I actually wouldn't mind wearing this outfit out just for fun one night... My mom let me take it home with me so I had to alter it. My mom has much longer legs than I do, so I had to hem the pants a tad. I also had to make a makeshift shoulder pad because the right one was missing. You can kind of tell it's much puffier than the left, whoops! Sometimes I wish I lived back in the 70's and 80's... so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment