Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie

I grew up with very busy parents so I spent my entire day with a housekeeper/nanny. She had just come from Mexico not too long before we scooped her and her son up. Being a nanny, she had to cook us kiddos all of our meals. She definitely had some misses, but her Mexican desserts were always my favorite. Being half Mexican myself, it was cool getting to learn more about my culture through my nanny. She has been with us for 17 years now! Of course, now she only comes once a week to tidy up my mom's house. One of my favorite desserts she used to make for us was sopapillas! They were sooooo good! I decided to try out a recipe that combines sopapillas AND cheescake :) It came out so yummy. I don't have pictures as I tried this out some time ago, but this is what they look like.

:)
I will be making these to bring to class on Wednesday.


Ingedients:
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese... I add an extra 4 ounces.
  • 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (Pillsbury brand)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
Directions:

Using a greased 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one package of refrigerated crescent rolls. Line the bottom of the pan and flatten, pinching seams together as you go.

In a medium bowl, add together the cream cheese, sugar and extract. Mix til well blended. Spread mixture over the crescent rolls.

Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.

Pour one stick of melted butter over the top and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Allow to cool, eat at room temperature or serve chilled. Don't forget to drizzle with honey! Refrigerate any leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment